The Ministry's Economic and Fiscal Policy Division requires capacity to:
- Facilitate effivient information system access, sharing and for tracking economic and social development indicators and provide clear explanation of the reasons for the developments
- Undertake effective economic scenario planning anf forecasting(including GDP), with clear explanation of the associated assumptions
- Ensure macroeconomic coherence in particular macro-fiscal policy, in liaison with monetary-policy
- Develop a range of clear and relevant economic policies and support their implementation
- Facilitate improved public/private consultation and partnerships
- Provision of monthly, quarterly and annual publication of evidence based economic analysis to ensure public are informed.
Click the following links to view our Tongan Economy Publications: